Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cooler than cool...

I have dreams of being this cool hip artsy-fartsy type. Reality: I'm a weird mom type. But luckily I have great friends, who are either equally weird or at least accepting of my weird. Enter my friend, Marla...

She is a friend of the "accepting" variety...she gets my obsessive scrappy nature, can shiggle it with the best of 'em, and is also a mom-type. So our conversations go something like this... "Did you see the new October Afternoon? Lovin' the deeries. (topic change) Who's class are we taking this week? I need some booty poppin' shiggle. (topic change) Ugh, potty training is hard! LOL But she will get it worked out this summer, right?" LOL :)

Yeah, so a couple of weeks ago, we totally LUCKED out and actually heard about a cool indie craft show in Dallas before it happened! Go us! Yep, totally...go us...and so we went. :)

Sooooo many fantastically cool and inspiring things to look at and yes, buy. ;) And buy we did! LOL :)

So, I always love it when other blogosphere folks share pics & links to cool stuff, so I thought why mess with greatness. :)

Here's Ms. Marla (remember I said we might be a little weird...immature...whatever!):


And then the goodies began...

Cute little barettes with little "present" looking fabric bits on top from broken doll. Totally adorable:


The cutest t-shirts I've ever seen from http://www.harrilu.com/ and you know I thought they were really special b/c I paid $28 for a tunic t-shirt and I'm a cheapskate deluxe! So that tells ya how much I LOVE this shirt/dress. :)


Marla and me shared a yard of some crazy cute green owl fabric. Lovin' the polka dottie green one too. :)

Such creative organic necklace designs from www.pamelamichelle.etsy.com . Lots of birdies and trees! :)

Other faves to check out:

nerdbomber.etsy.com for cool patches, journals, and more.

mineymoshop.etsy.com does the most original screenprints onto wood planks...wall art, coasters, etc.

www.one-updesigns.com has totally cool wall graphics. I bought uhm, a few...but I'll be using them on paper as "rub-ons".

There were so many other fantastic crafters there, but these were some faves! :) And we had a blast...totally and completely fun...just 2 chicks shopping, checking out crafts, and eating a dinner out sans the constant "Mommeeeeeee!" LOL Its gotta be done every once in a while! ;)

2 comments:

ArtfulStory said...

I just wanted to say thank you for giving a shout out to some local artists. A few that you mentioned are part of a group called Etsy Dallas. If you haven't already heard of us check out our blog http://etsydallas.blogspot.com

We just had a trunk show yesterday, but we try to let everyone know about upcoming events, so you can be apart of the upcoming indie shows! Thanks again and great blog!

rpfangirljr said...

SO cool that you made it to a show like that!!! I'm lovin' you finds!!! And thanks for the links!!! I'm definitely going to check them out.