Thursday, July 23, 2009

KI Lovey Dovey's... :)

Seeing all the new KI goodies totally got my inspiration all swirled up. :)

Well, that and the challenge that Celeste posted on the KI Memories blog! She's got some major digi-hybrid skills in her, so her challenge sounded like a fun way to play with the digi KI goodies (one of my newer but white-hot love affairs!). :)

But I've done a lot of printing digi papers and using them "traditional" style. So, with all my inspiration, I wanted to try something different. I mustered up some major cajones and sent fabric through my beloved printer. Believe me when I say I was *scared* to do it. And the first time, it didn't go so well. But after a few tries, I figured out that the best way for my printer and the cheapy fabric I was using...

I temp adhered the cotton fabric to heavy-weight paper with Tacky Tape (top, bottom, sides), sent it through on a high-resolution setting (slow with lots of ink), and held my breath. And a big Woo Hoooooo later, I had pretty Roxie Quilt paper (altered a bit) on FABRIC! :)

Not to mention some yummy Toby brushes (colored in before printing) and title brush (glitter Stickles'd after printing). :)

Yeah, all that to say...I had fun playing with the KI digi goodies! :)









Back with more goodies soon. I did another KI project that left me with some seriously messy hands--spray paint, ink x uh oh, baby powder everywhere. Sounds like fun, right? :) Show ya soon! :)
XOXO...Stac :)

No comments: