Friday, July 31, 2009

Out of Town...

but back again! :)

Y'all are never gonna guess where I've been and what I've been up to...

^That^, my friends, is the symbol of all the learning I did last weekend. You see, SLS 2009 is the Texas PTA's Summer Leadership Seminar. Somewhere along the way, I ended up on the PTA board at the kidlets school. It's been an awesome learning experience for me & I have totally loved every moment of it. This past weekend, I was lucky enough to go to the SLS and take some great classes...everything from "Scream-Free Parenting" to "Stop Bullying Now" to
classes on how diet/nutrition affects children's behavior. The other mom-friends that I went with are all super-great girls, full of spunk and laughter. Luckily, no late-night security visits were necessary but I'll admit that we were rather loud and obnoxious with our squeals of laughter...till 2am. LOL :) And the most important thing is that we all learned so much that will help our PTA be better...for our kids & teachers! :)
Before I headed out, I had to get some KI playin' done for the gallery! Had F-U-N with this one! This is the project that had my hands nasty-black for a couple of days. I accidentally got myself good with the spray paint. Then I ended up using the closest black inkpad...which happened to be Stazon, so all those stampy friends left their mark on my hands too. The epoxy word "birthday" began its life as a pretty pink, but uhm, yeah not today. Instead, I colored it with a black sharpie. But the mess is all good...just shows I'm scrappy, artsy-fartsy, crafty, or some combo thereof, right? :)
So, here's the KI funsie...




This pic has become a bit of a tradition. We've combined Lilli & Dec's family birthday party the last few years, so they have to agree on the cake (well, except for the one time they agreed on cupcakes--so I made both strawberry & chocolate ones). This year the agreement was choclate icing (Mom specialty) and lots of sprinkles (every kids dream!). The cake always ends up monstrously huge, but this one was more than a little tilted. It was so bad that I almost decided to to make it a mad-hatter cake at the last minute, but decided that was a little too crazy, even for me! LOL :) So, instead we had a plain old tilted cake...yummy! :)

So that's my update from my fun weekend away! :) Back to the scrappy, mommy, house-cleaning grind again! :)
XOXO...Stac :)

No comments: