Sunday, September 02, 2007

Quick & Lovey...

1. Memory of the Day:

As another of my new ideas, I am making a goal to do some little RAK every day. Some days, little. Some days, bigger. But something to make the world a little more smiley for someone. Today, the kids & I made a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies for the folks that work at the child center at the gym. They take awesome care of my kiddos while I get my groove on, for which I am so grateful. They always know us by name, love on my kids like they are their own, offer smiles & hugs everytime, and just generally make my life so much easier. So I wanted to return the favor. We made cookies and made a Thank You card to put with it. They were all shocked, said they'd never had a parent do that before, which shocked me. Made me want to do it more often for them! :) Here's the card that we made this morning...






2. Cool Inspiration:
On the same RAK note, my daily inspiration isn't scrappy related exactly. But its worth it. Its a website FULL of RAK ideas and stories. If you need a good cry, need to have your faith restored in humanity, this is for you...

www.actsofkindness.org

3. Family Update:
Off to my dad's for a Labor Day cookout tonight. Hope to have lots of fun, lots of laughs, and get lots of pics! :) CU tomorrow! :)

4 comments:

katie said...

Well, that was really nice of you and the kids!! i bet it made the kiddos feel special, too :D It always amazes me how many important people are overlooked.

LisaNRoxy said...

How sweet was that! Way to go making someone's day! Great lesson for the kiddos too, Staci. I am off to check out that website!

Charlene Teo said...

love this card girlie!! The orange and turquoise yummmmm

Unknown said...

umm....i super love this card ::swoon::